Monday, April 4, 2011

A PRE-SCHOOL TEST FOR YOU

Which way is the bus below traveling? To the left or to the right?




Can't make up your mind? Look carefully at the picture again. Still don't know?


---------------------------------


Pre-schoolers all over the United States were shown this picture and asked the same question. 90% of the pre-schoolers gave this answer. "The bus is traveling to the left."


--------------------------------


When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling to the left?"

They answered: "Because you can't see the door to get on the bus."


--------------------------------


How do you feel now ???

"Stupid!" was my answer to Ann Fontaine, who sent me the test.

And why not visit Ann's blog, What the Tide Brings In, and read her notes for a sermon for Lent 4 and see the drawing and quote from one of my favorite books?

11 comments:

  1. My "half-heimer's" has clearly kicked in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said "To the Right", because (if it's "traveling," not stopped) I couldn't see the driver! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the picture and said, "Why is somebody trying to convince me an Airstream trailer is a bus?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. JCF, well there's that.

    Mark Brunson - smarter than a pre-schooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of an Airstream also. I also failed the test. Ah well. I applied for Medicare yesterday too. Start getting my room ready in the old folks' home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, you're 65!!! you don't look a day over 39, and you should stay right there in speaking of your age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi, you already have my love, you needn't flatter so. And yes, on Mothers' Day this year I turn 65. I expect to work for years to come, however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, at least you'll have what's left of Medicare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, but there really is no way of knowing which way the bus is travelling, because we're not told what country the bus is in. If it was in the UK it would be travelling to the right.

    Also, if it was anything like the Knight Bus there would be a fairy door, which we might not be able to see.

    So, all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's right. Nothing is ever simple. I should have titled the post "A US (and most of the rest of the world) Pre-School Test For You".

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.