Thursday, June 16, 2011

PRAY FOR KIRSTIN AND ANDEE...


...and read Kirstin's post at Barefoot and Laughing titled The right decision...at the right time.
A and I looked at each other, and we both teared up. We knew. And it was okay. I looked back at the doctor. I knew the words were mine to say: “Not in our hearts, really.” She, God bless her, cried with us. And she got us connected with a palliative care doctor, who is working with us until he can get us connected with hospice.

This is the care I need. This is the care I finally had the readiness, and the courage, to ask for. I’ve been fighting for three years. That’s enough. Just saying, “I want hospice,” gives me so much peace. I don’t need to fight to the bitter end. I don’t need to be a warrior anymore. I can let go as my body wants to, into as much comfort as possible.

Please visit Kirstin's blog and read her beautiful and eloquent words which come straight from her heart.
Kirstin, may God the Father bless you, God the Son heal you, God the Holy Spirit give you strength. May God the holy and undivided Trinity guard your body, save your soul, and bring you safely to his heavenly country; where he lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

We pray, O Lord, for those whom you have called to care for Kirstin, especially Andee. Strengthen them by your life-giving Spirit, that by their loving ministries Kirstin may be comforted and her suffering alleviated. Grant, O Lord, your peace that surpasses understanding to Kirstin and her caregivers, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

PS: I love the picture of Kirstin. I hope she likes it, because I use it over and over.

4 comments:

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.