Tuesday, December 27, 2011

PLEASE PRAY...

...for JCF's father:
Also, would all please pray for my dad (and myself)? He fell yesterday (natch, he didn't tell me till today >:-/). The ER xrays were inconclusive on his wrist, but it's splinted, and we'll go for further evaluation tomorrow.

He's not in too much pain (I think!), but I'm feeling the after-effects of the ~STRESS~.

Thank you.
...for David@Montreal on the loss of his cat, Georges:
the cat pic on your blog was wonderful- and purrfect timing as when i got home from family Christmas night it was to find that Georges- my old orange tabby had passed on. Georges' decline was relatively sudden, and thankfully appeared to be painless.We had been together at least 12 years and he had previously been with a Canadian soldier who gave him up when she was posted to Afghanistan.
...for Gracie, Fran's family dog, who is doing poorly, and for Fran, her husband, and her step-daughter. The family have suffered loss lately, and another loss will be hard on them.

...for members of my family who will face difficult days today and tomorrow.

...for Lee (Caminante) to find a place to live SOON and a parish that needs her.

A Prayer of St. Chrysostom
Almighty God, you have given us grace at this time with one accord to make our common supplications to you; and you have promised through your well-beloved Son that when two or three are gathered together in his Name you will be in the midst of them: Fulfil now, O Lord, our desires and petitions as may be best for us; granting us in this world knowledge of your truth, and in the age to come life everlasting. Amen.

13 comments:

  1. And that Lee finds a place to live SOON if not a parish that needs her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piskie, thanks for the reminder. I added Lee to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for all mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. The prayers are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of David's loss. And, not Gracie!! Didn't she just arrive? Didn't we just fall in love with her?

    Prayers abound for all who are in need, in recovery, anxious or grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pray for all these very things. Sorry to hear of the loss of Georges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deeply sorry to hear of the loss of Georges. The cats and I send our heartfelt sympathy and prayers. Also, very sorry to hear about Gracie. These critters are so special in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi, I've prayed for everyone here and hope all manner of thing will be well for all, and with your family today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friends, thank you on behalf of all who asked for prayers.

    Today is past for my family; tomorrow to go. Please continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's wrong w/ dear Gracie? </3

    Thanks for praying for my dad. He's now sporting a bright blue cast.

    I hope he heals fast...just as important, I hope we don't drive each other crazy(er) in this time. Most of all, I hope he doesn't make a HABIT of falling!

    Prayers ascending for all in need...

    ReplyDelete
  11. JCF, Gracie is weak, which is all I know.

    I hope your dad heals quickly, and I hope he does not continue to fall.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.