Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ALL ABOUT ME...AND EGRETS AND ALLIGATORS

So have you missed me?  I haven't been posting much lately,  nor have I been visiting around in Blogland nearly as often as I once did, because I've been busy with family responsibilities and other demands on my time.  Today we went to the funeral of a good friend of Grandpère and left from there to go to New Orleans for me to have my left eye zapped with a laser to remove the cloudiness which sometimes occurs after cataract surgery.  Now I have clear vision in both eyes.  Yay!


Two egrets visiting with each other
 
We stopped on the way home and had a nice meal at Spahr's Seafood in Des Allemands, where the view is fabulous, with a lake in the distance and a bayou just behind the restaurant.  A sign near the bayou said, "WATCH OUT FOR THE ALLIGATORS!"  No joke, for we saw an alligator during our meal.  Three egrets were hanging out near the bayou, giving us our fair share of wildlife.


Lone egret checking out the other two


My family responsibilities are not going away any time soon, so I will blog less and spend less time on Facebook.  I love chatting with my Facebook friends, but my heart is in blogging, which remains my priority.


My favorite - Egret in flight


No photo of the alligator.  Only the head was out of the water, and it was some distance away.  In truth, I was rather excited about seeing the creature and didn't think of taking a picture.  A group at the next table included two teenage girls from England, who were visiting their grandmother, and I was happy for them to see our native wildlife.


The view


Apropos of nothing in this post, a couple of afternoons ago, a helicopter circled rather low round and round our house and neighboring houses, and I thought, "Is it me?  Are 'they' spying on me?"  Ha-ha.  Just kidding...I think.  When the drones come, I will know.  I'll take egrets to helicopters any day.

10 comments:

  1. Was wondering where you were! Priorities! I could learn something about them. Love the new look of your page, but miss the old one...something comforting in familiarity. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes -- missed you - I have your blog on a feed so it comes to my inbox. I love your posts and reflections. Sorry your family responsibilities are so time consuming - but glad for them you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So peaceful, so beautiful. Fine dining and good friends--one of life's finer and blissful pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching egrets glide just above the water. Used to see them in the SF East Bay back when. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us. No matter how much you blog, or don't, you are thought of and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, mes amis. We were wiped out when we reached home, and all we did was sit and move a short distance from one place to the other. During the previous laser procedure, I was perfectly calm, but this time, I was close to panic. I can't think why, but I had to force myself to be still and take deep breaths. Whew! I'm glad it's over.

    By the time we ate lunch/supper, it was nearly 4pm, and we were starving, so the food and the view were quite welcome.

    Georgianne, I was tired of the old format, and I like the hummingbirds in the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always miss you, when you're "away" (one way or another), Mimi.

    Lovely boydies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JCF, you're so sweet.

    I had another doctor visit today with my family physician, and all was satisfactory. Even the cholesterol count must have been good, because the doc did not ask me to reconsider taking a statin. You see, I took a statin for a while and had very bad side effects. My cholesterol was not that high, but the doctors seem to want it down to zero. I told him, if I had to live the way I felt on the statin, I'd rather die. He said, "All right; drink a glass of red wine every day." I've done so, and the cholesterol went down without the drug, TBTG.

    Monday, I have my permanent crown put in from my broken tooth, then I'm due a mammogram, and who knows what's next? I'm grateful for doctors and that none of my visits are for serious illness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Tim. I'm enjoying your daily song posting. I adore my Mary Black albums. Her voice is beautiful and so full of passion when she sings.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.