Tuesday, October 9, 2012

OUT TO LUNCH...


...and breakfast and dinner.  Well, we are not literally out for all the meals, but we had lunch today at the club house of La Tour Golf Club.   No, we are not members of the golf club, but the restaurant, with its very good food, is open to non-members.

Friends from Connecticut are visiting us, so I have little time for blogging.  We visited The Center for Traditional Louisiana Boat Building with our friends today.  Grandpère gave us the grand tour of the museum, and then we had lunch at the golf club nearby.  We were in our friends' wedding 50 years ago, and we always have much to talk about when we get together.  I hope to have a few pictures later.  Unfortunately, our friends must leave tomorrow morning, so we have to cram in as much food and talk as possible in a short time.

I'll be back blogging tomorrow or the next day.  Au revoir.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Heidi and Allie. Grandpère and our visitors are off to the sugar mill to see it in operation. I stayed home, because I've been there and done that.

    We actually have 3 visitors as our friends have their son with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a sugar mill here in Sugar Land TX home of Imperial Sugar. It was actually a sugar refinery, and they closed it down a few years ago. And really, it was always a fun and different tour, and when I was teching ELS, my students always found it exciting. And it made for a great lesson plan with all that vocab. I bet your visitors had a good time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, since I last visited a sugar mill, nearly the entire operation is computerized, so I would have seen something new and different. Of course, now that many of the operations are run by computers, the mill employs fewer workers than in the past. So it goes.

      Our friends enjoyed their visit immensely.

      Delete
  3. The club menu sounds yummy. I guess they have desserts? Not listed on the menu but they don't look like the sort of place that don't. Mmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I've eaten at the club twice, and both times we'd had enough that we didn't order dessert, but I'd guess the club does offer a sweet course.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.