Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PICTURES OF HAVOC WREAKED BY SANDY IN AND AROUND NYC

LaGuardia Airport
New York subway
FDR Drive under water.
Entrance to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel

A double rainbow touching down in Manhattan symbolizes the end of the storm and the beginning of the recovery.
My title for the rainbow picture is "Hope". NYC, one of my favorite cities, will recover.

The other pictures are from the Facebook pages of my friends Dan and Doug.

UPDATE: More pictures at Doug's blog Counterlight's Peculiars.

10 comments:

  1. God need a double reminder to stop the rain.
    Rudo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in North Carolina, mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me, Rudo, responding to your question

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that I want to interrupt your conversation with Rudo, Mimi, but it is amazing more people were not killed by Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume most people knew to get away from the coastal areas. The high number of deaths in New Orleans after Katrina was due to levee failures, not from flooding from the hurricane.

      Delete
  5. oh yes, I know, but there was still a lot of potential for things to go horribly wrong, and people do take risks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, with any hurricane there's always potential for catastrophe.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.