Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

 
Collect of Thanksgiving Day

Almighty and gracious Father, we give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them. Make us, we pray, faithful stewards of your great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of your Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

For Peace Eternal God, in whose perfect kingdom no sword is drawn but the sword of righteousness, no strength known but the strength of love: So mightily spread abroad your Spirit, that all peoples may be gathered under the banner of the Prince of Peace, as children of one Father; to whom be dominion and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling a little better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lapin. I feel better today, but I'm not up to joining the family for the feast. I'm having a quiet day. Anyway, Christmas is just around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Mimi, and I'm sorry you didn't get to join in the feast :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better today, but I couldn't bring myself to be around the food and food smells. All I've eaten today is toast and a few dry Cheerios, and that was all I wanted. My drinks were water, tea, and Gatorade.

      Delete
  3. Gram...just want you to know I'm thankful for you. You intersect my life in a very small way, but in that tiny space of our cyber connection there is an endless bounty of grace that often brings warmth to otherwise cloudy days. Perhaps we may never meet, but knowing you is a gift. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RENZ, what a lovely thing to say. I'm grateful for you and my other internet connections in a way that I would never have imagined just a few years ago. It's rather amazing, isn't it?

      Blessings.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.