Saturday, February 23, 2013

CAJUN JOKES SENT BY AN OLD FRIEND

Boudreaux and his wife were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the morning. Boudreaux picked up the phone, listened a moment. and said "How should I know, dat's 200 miles from here!" and hung up.

The wife said, "Who was that, my sweets?"

Boudreaux answered, "I don't know, some man wanting to know if the coast is clear."
----------------

Two Cajuns are walking down the street. One notices a compact on the sidewalk and leans down to pick it up. He opens it, looks in the mirror and says, "Hmm, dis person looks familiar."

The second Cajun says, "Here, let me see!!" So the first Cajun hands him the compact. The second one looks in the mirror and says, "You dummy, it's me!"
---------------

What did the Cajun girl ask her doctor when he told her she was pregnant?

"Is it mine?"
---------------

Boudreaux, a Cajun in his fourth year as a LSU Freshman, sat in his US Government class. The professor asked Boudreaux if he knew what Roe vs. Wade was about. Boudreaux pondered the question then finally said, "That was the decision George Washington had to make before he crossed the Delaware. "
---------------

Returning home from work, Boudreaux was shocked to find his house ransacked and burglarized. He telephoned the police at once and reported the crime. The police dispatcher broadcast the call on the radio, and a K-9 unit, patrolling nearby, was the first to respond. As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on a leash, Boudreaux ran out on the porch, shuddered at the sight of the cop and his dog, then sat down on the steps. Putting his face in his hands, Boudreaux moaned, "I come home to find all my possessions stolen. I call the police for help, and what do they do? They send me a BLIND policeman."
Enjoy.  My first LOL moment of the day is always greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. I like Roe vs. Wade best (but they are all wonderful). Thanks, Mimi! Len

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Len, my favorite, too, probably because it includes punning.

      Delete
  2. I love these old jokes... some of them new to me. I used a well-known Bourdreaux story in a sermon a few weeks back.... I thought of you, my Louisiana Grandmere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely sermon, Tobias. Thanks for the link. I did not know the jokes I posted, nor the joke you used in your sermon. I guess I don't get around as much as I thought in the land of Cajun jokes.

      To speak the truth with love is not always easy, but it is always in order. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Mimi. The story of the Widow was told by Justin on the old Cajun cooking show... and one of my late brothers loved to tell it... much longer and with many embellishments. My congregation got a kick out of it, as you can tell from the audio.
      Hugs, T.

      Delete
  3. Driving down a street in Sacra-tomato the other day, I saw an SUV. Now the weird thing is, it had *California* plates.

    ...but it had an LSU Tigers bumper sticker, an LSU license plate holder, and a Saints fleur-de-lis.

    And what did it say on those California plates? One word: "GEAUX"

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, JCF. Then again, I don't have a GEAUX license plate or bumper sticker.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.