Friday, April 26, 2013

LITTLE RICHARD - "KEEP A-KNOCKIN'"



I promised, so here's Little Richard.  At first, with the all the bad news from the sequestration, I thought the video might be inappropriate, but, strangely enough, the lyrics seem appropriate.

UPDATE: I laughed at one of the comments at YouTube: "any music made after the 60's is worthless." I don't agree, but I do believe after the 1950s and early 1960s it's been downhill for rock 'n roll, with a few exceptions.  Of course, I may be prejudiced, having come of age during the 1950s.
 

4 comments:

  1. That music(our music)was and is the foundation of music today!! No matter what anyone says, it was the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best, David. No question about it. The music was raw and real. The rest are mostly pale copies.

      Delete
  2. I agree that what little I happen to hear of today's rock is a pale imitation of what came before - the singers are younger but nothing new to be heard it seems, and what is new is usually godawful.

    I switched to country at the beginning of the 90's, and that was a golden era for "new country" as it was then called. But now even that has gone to seed, it seems, and become the same old stuff just refried and warmed over, like rock. I guess that's why old geezers like me don't buy records at this late age - or whatever gizmo it is they call records nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the lesser-known country, bluesy musicians appeal to me. NPR Tiny Desk Concerts feature them sometimes, and I've bought albums after watching and listening to the videos.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.