Monday, May 27, 2013

HEADLINE OF THE DAY - LOUISIANA

          SNAKES FOUND IN STATE CAPITOL

From the Baton Rouge Advocate. 
“We’re talking about real snakes; not the two-legged kind?” state Rep. Terry Landry, D-New Iberia, asked Thursday. 

State Rep. Joe Harrison, R-Napoleonville, had a similar reaction. 

“Are we talking about snakes that slither or the kind of snakes with last names,” he asked. “If we’re here working amongst snakes, I guess I need to find out if this is biblical or not.”
Ha ha ha.

Water snakes?

2 comments:

  1. Molly Ivins, quoting Ann Richards:

    I always liked what former Gov. Ann Richards said when informed there were demands that the large [Christmas] star on top of the state capitol come down. "Oh, I'd hate to see that happen," she drawled. "This could be the only chance we'll ever have to get three wise men in that building."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I long for a governor like Ann Richards.

      Jindal and the enabling Louisiana Legislature continue apace with the destruction of institutions and programs in Louisiana. The legislators bought Jindal's snake oil. I expected Jindal would be a poor governor, but, even in my worst moments, I did not foresee he would be as bad as he is.

      Delete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.