Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"TEARS OF UNKNOWINGNESS"


As the sun set that first night, turning the rocks and cliffs and plateaus red and pink, the moon rose over the altar. Yes. Literally. The people sang. Dare to forgive. God will be with you. Let those who are thirsty, come.

And I wept. Tears of joy. Tears of amazement. Pent up tears. Tears I couldn't name because I didn't know their source. Tears of unknowingness. Tears that carved away a Bad Lands in my heart, exposed strong soul cliffs and washed away the unnecessary earth.

And I was not alone in weeping. And it was good.
Beautiful, powerful, prayerful, eloquent. Read it all.

Bless you, dear margaret.

4 comments:

  1. This post should come with a warning that says: "Inhale deeply before reading. Beautiful! The whole story just touches every fiber of my being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. margaret's writing is marvelous. Through her words, her faith and the faith of the people she serves come to life.

      Delete
  2. Yes, Margaret's is a wonderful faith story. Much inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.