Friday, December 5, 2008

Why Some Women Have Dogs And Not Husbands


1. A dog is always willing to listen to you—without trying to solve all your problems.

2. Dogs will eat anything you give them—happily and without complaining.

3. Dogs don’t have mothers-in-law who find fault with everything you do (or don’t do) for their “precious boy.”


4. A dog will never ask if he can buy a boat.

5. Dogs do not spend 5 hours playing golf.

6. Dogs are happy to watch romantic comedies, rather than football.


7. Dogs are loyal. Even if they hump your best friend’s leg, they will do it in front of you and not try to go home with her.

8. Dogs will never complain about how much you spend on personal grooming.

9. A dog will never contradict you in front of your child or give you small appliances for your birthday or Christmas.


10. A dog will never use all the hot water and leave soppy towels on the bathroom floor.

11. Dogs think you are just as attractive now as you were 20 lbs. ago.

12. A dog will kiss you when you are crying your eyes out—not accuse you of being “manipulative.”

13. A dog does not believe he can fix anything just because he has a Y chromosome. His manhood will not be threatened when you call a plumber.


And last, but not least:

I4. You can neuter a dog anytime you want.


Original Counter-post by Doxy, seconded by me.

Doxy writes beautifully at Wormwood's Doxy

18 comments:

  1. While I certainly will think about these 10 items I must applaud you on your choice of dogs to end this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!
    I like dogs, however some of us simply opt for cats....but then, I don't have nor do I want a husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we make excellent companions and can keep critters away from you. Can a man do that?

    I love you Grandmère Mimi.

    From

    Rowan the Dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Rowan the Dog! Such wisdom.

    Oh this makes me laugh once again on a day when I need to. Rough times here on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 will be here on the 19th for a week. She's already making such a BFD over coming to visit that I want to run away. Last night she called to ask what I'd be wearing around the house, what the temperature would be, if its "okay" for her to be casual. WTF? I wanted to tell her that she had to wear hat, heels and gloves at all times. Floral print dresses would not be acceptable. Dark or subtle colored suits or dresses and she must sleep in a ball gown.

    I'm going insane already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fred, I applaud YOU for thinking about the list.

    Rowan, I love you back. You are so smart.

    Being Peace, LOL. Around here it's formal dress all the time, too - even as I sit typing in my nightgown and bathrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Am I right when I sense a degree of bitter experience in that list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who told me dogs are more evolved than people. my friend and i are devoted to our dogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Euthymic, welcome. You and your friend have lots of company. Now if dogs could just talk....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lapin---I plead the 5th. ;-)

    Cheers,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mike, but they often speak a language far beyond the capacity of us humans can understand.

    Lapin, me? I ain't sayin' nuthin', either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "...even as I sit typing in my nightgown and bathrobe."

    Stop your teasin', woman! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. David, love, move along. Nothing sexy to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, but I'm just an imperfect man - not a dog ;)

    (actually, I'm more of a cat person, but that's neither here nor there)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Women love dogs because women prefer absolute control and complete attention--dogs provide both! A man competes for their absolute control and attention--and they say men are incapable of having personal relationships! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.