Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Roseann - "...It Does Not Look Good"

I'm so very sad about the latest news from Roseann. Pray for Roseann and Gary and call if you'd like. I'm sorry, but I can't say more either.

From Sue:

Mimi, here is the latest from Roseann. Sorry I can't write any more.

S.


From Roseann:

This is the latest and I'm sorry to say it does not look good. I think I told you that the blood cultures came back positive and I know I told you about the persistent nausea. The really scary thing is now I am wasting. I am losing muscle mass at an alarming rate.

Dr. K told me I can eat whatever I want. I told him I wouldn't get anywhere trying to eat hospital food so he said forget hospital food and eat what I like, when I want. Gary is going to have Whole Foods fix me some shrimp cocktail, filet with hollandaise sauce, and chocolate mousse for dinner. My goal will be to eat at least a third of that tonight.

I've been with people who were wasting from AIDS and it is not pretty. Please pray that we can get this under control. It seems like things were looking up but now, not so much.

My phone number here at the hospital is XXX-XXX-XXXX. I would like for anyone to call me even to just say hi. Anyone from OCICBW or Common Round. If I can't talk for some reason I'll be honest and ask for a call back later. Our phone number at home is XXX-XXX-XXXX if you want to call Gary.

I'm very, very lonely and depressed and so is Gary. At least he gets to go to work and see his friends there but truth be told, we both are at a point where we want to just sit and cry. The dogs have even given up on trying to get Gary to play hedgehog. (all toys are named hedgehog)

Sorry to be such a downer but that is just where we are right now.

Love, R


O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Roseann the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Note: If you'd like to have the phone numbers, you may email me, and if I know who you are, I will send them to you. I will take great care in giving out the numbers, as will MadPriest, who also has the numbers.

UPDATE: After I pulled myself together, and inspired by MadPriest, who had already called Roseann, I called her, too. It was wonderful to hear her voice. Roseann has great courage and determination. She does not give up, and we must not give up either. She loves her doctor, which is a huge plus, as she and Gary are at one with him regarding the care that she is receiving. Thanks be to God.

7 comments:

  1. Prayers all around -- so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, you're one in a billion. Thanks for keeping us posted on Roseann and Gary and for talking to Roseann.

    I'm still rooting for them as well as praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Roseann and Gary. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mimi. I spoke briefly with her as soon as I got out of work. What a gracious and wonderful lady. Prayers, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers are ascending for Roseann and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merciful Christ, strengthen Roseann and Gary...

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.