Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Notch In The Barrel

Today, I'm going to meet Ginny S., whose name you may have seen in our part of the blogosphere. The count of real-life friends that I've made through blogs grows and grows. I'm looking forward to meeting Ginny, because we have both lived in New Orleans and in Hammond, Louisiana. The two of us loved New Orleans, but neither of us felt very much at home in Hammond.

Grandpère and I lived in Hammond for five years, and I had three babies while we lived there. Imagine! My children are all natives of Hammond. What were the folks in Hammond thinking with the babies coming thick and fast? We finally caught on that I didn't have to have babies that often. We were slow learners.

4 comments:

  1. Come on up to Maine this summer. The seafood is great here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might do that one day, Amelia. Thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it you haven't had babies in Maine too?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.