Sunday, May 17, 2009

Prayers Please - From Elizabeth And Roseann

From Elizabeth Kaeton:

Bad news just in: My brother John was just diagnosed with temporal lobe deterioration and early Alzheimer's Disease. He's 55 years old. Yes, that's 55. His wife, Mary, is the primary caretaker for their granddaughter and her aged parents who live with them. Needless to say, she is quite overwhelmed. I am too stunned at the moment to know how I feel, exactly, except terribly, terribly sad and deeply concerned for my brother. Of my three siblings, he and I have been the closest.

Prayers, please.


Elizabeth, My heart goes out to you and to your brother and his family. That is devastating news! I join you in your grief. It's a sad situation. I commit this whole matter into the hands of the all-loving God and pray that you all experience God's powerful and healing presence.

From Roseann in the comments:

Just want to let you all know I am feeling better. The stuff that goes in my feeding tube is working like a charm. My main issue now is I am having trouble with dialysis. I am suddenly unable to breathe and they have to put oxygen on me. It is a horrible feeling, like a panic attack. Right now they don't know what is causing it. Could be an insulin surge or who knows.

I know I ask for prayers a lot but please pray that this is cleared up quickly. Right now it feels like one of the last hurdles.

Love, Roseann


Thanks be to God that you feel better, Roseann. We pray that the doctors find the problem with the oxygen and the dialysis and correct it. Day by day, each problem as it comes, we pray. For each and every improvement, we give thanks.

Don't ever concern yourself with asking for too many prayers, my dear.

...pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

14 comments:

  1. Prayers for John, Mary, Elizabeth, Roseann, Gary, and any who need them.

    Thanks for keeping us posted, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear this news. You and your family are in my prayers.

    Roseann, I am glad that you are having some improvements. I pray that the issue with oxygenation is cleared up very soon. That is so frightening. Also, you can never ask for too many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Elizabeth)))


    (((Roseann)))


    May the Lord be merciful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for John.

    Continuing prayers for Roseanne and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for Elizabeth and family.

    Warm, soothing thoughts flowing your way, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for all ascending.

    Rosanne is one brave woman.

    I will certainly keep John and all his family in my prayers.

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for John, Mary, and Elizabeth.

    Prayers for Roseanne's continued healing.

    And prayers for all the hurt feelings at MPs place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for Rev. Elizabeth, her brother, John and the whole family.

    Continued prayers for Roseanne, she's one strong woman. And for her husband, Gary.

    Also, what Mike said about the MP thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for everyone concerned in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for Elizabeth, her brother and Roseanne... Alzheimer's is nasty no matter what but at 55? Lord, have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers for all. Strange that I went to a meeting at our church yesterday on healing and one speaker used as a case example TLD. I had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.