Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Prayers, Please - From Margaret

From Margaret's blog:

Please pray for my beloved --he's in the hospital. They think he's had a series of small strokes.

The episodes started last night --we thought they were a food allergy or something, because he couldn't control his speech and his tongue was like a rubber band. Nothing else but that. We were with our neighbor Ben, who is a big time brain doctor... last night he showed some concern. But the episode passed quickly.Today, Joel lost his speech again while talking to Ben, and Ben called me and said that I was going to spend the next six hours in the emergency room and either hate him because it was allergies or love him for saving Joel's life.

I love Ben... he saved my husband's life.

So after about two hours in the ER waiting room, I asked to see Joel and they let me back in the ER, and this is what I saw--


--an empty ER room, except for his shoes.... That is just so wrong.... so I figured I could cry or take a picture.... I did both.

He was brought back shortly--they had been running some tests. So, Joel is where he needs to be--he is safe and in a very good hospital.

So, g'wan. Go to church. If for nothing else but to pray for my beloved Joel.... Please.


Lord God, bring healing to Joel; give strength, comfort, and consolation to Margaret, and give wisdom to those caring for Joel that he may be restored to full health and strength, in Jesus' name in unity with the Holy Spirit, we pray. Amen.

UPDATE: From Margaret in the comments:

Grandmere--thank you so very much for this. Joel is better today--he knows what year it is and is not as red as a lobster --and he can turn a pun on its heel.

I am deeply grateful for your prayers. Will keep you posted.

And Elizabeth --you are in my prayers, as is your brother John.

blessings all.

11 comments:

  1. I'm praying for Joel and John. I'm also praying for some reconciliation over at MP's blog. That was all just too much and totally unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseann, I'm praying for that, too. It will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Joel and for Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for Joel and also for Margaret during this difficult and frightening time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers ascending for Joel, his healers and Margaret.

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandmere--thank you so very much for this. Joel is better today--he knows what year it is and is not as red as a lobster --and he can turn a pun on its heel.

    I am deeply grateful for your prayers. Will keep you posted.

    And Elizabeth --you are in my prayers, as is your brother John.

    blessings all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers of thanksgiving for Ben's knowledge in helping Joel. Prayers for you and Joel for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thoughts to all for hope and healing and further hopes that all find a way to forgive and heal at MP's. I cruised over there tonight and thought WTF????

    I thought you people said things would get better after Lent...too much illness still. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thoughts also from me for Joel and Margaret (and for Elizabeth and her brother and his wife). Doctors can do a lot more for people who have strokes nowadays but Alzheimers still slowly kills the mind. Terry Pratchett, a moderately popular English author who sometimes writes on religious themes, also has early onset Alzheimers and has been lobbying for more research into it in Britain.

    I too was wondering what was going on over at MP's. I don't know too much but could this possibly have started with a misunderstanding that has now escalated with each side hurting the other?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.