Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PLEASE PRAY FOR MADDIE AND FRANK


Maddie will be euthanized this morning at 10:30. She is going downhill fast - and the tumors are spreading. Her purr has now become a squeak. Please pray for her gentle passing.

Frank

Frank is my brother-in law. I posted previously about Maddie here.

UPDATE: From Frank:

Well, it's over. Gretchen (Frank's daughter) went with me - that helped. Previously, I never had trouble getting Maddie in her carrier. I believe she was really hurting this morning as she kicked and screamed - scratching and biting me. She had really gone downhill even more overnight. Once in she calmed down and rode quietly to the vet. She stayed quiet until the end. The vet was great. Of course, I cried - and am still doing so now and then. She will be sorely missed. I am confident she is in a better place. BTW, I think the picture I sent you was quite ironic - notice how she is looking away - kinda like Gayle's walking away in London.

P.S. - sincere thanks for all the prayers from you and your readers.

Frank

Frank's poignant comment about the similarities in the pictures of my sister Gayle, walking away, and Maddie the Cat, facing away, moved me greatly.

Eternal Spirit, we bring you our grief in the loss of Maddie and ask for courage to bear it. We bring you our thanks for Maddie who lived among us and gave us freely of her love. We commit our friend and companion Maddie into your loving hands. Give us eyes to see how your love embraces all creatures and every living thing speaks to us of your love. Amen.

I owe credit to someone for the prayer, but I don't know to whom. Sorry.

16 comments:

  1. Prayers for Maddie and Frank offered here. May both be embraced by Eternal Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank and Maddie, you're both in my prayers. Know that you're not alone, lots of us are here with you, holding you both in our spiritual arms. with love, jer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear. Seems I am going to have to bite the same bullet in the near future with one of my dogs, who is deteriorating quickly as her cancer accelerates. She was relatively spritely yesterday morning at the doggie park, but this morning she found no joy in it and was pretty wretched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetheart puss puss. Go gently. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and prayers and tears...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lapin, I'm also sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was given three to six months in May 2008, Cathy, so she's had a decent innings. The "hacking kennel cough" referred to at the linked site proved to be lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no, that's so sad - even with a decent innings. Alas. May she also go gently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for Becky, and Lapin. She sounds like a lovely, sweet dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about Maddie's passing. I am certain she provided much love for as long as she was with you. Prayers for her and for you, Frank, in your time of great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frank, and . . . oh, Lapin, I am so sorry. Again, I feel helpless - I can't even be there to look you in the eye or touch your shoulders - but I do pray and I do care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for what Frank went through. It's an awful decision to have to make and a harrowing experience to go through. Thanks to those who have expressed concern for Becky. She's slipping away and a decision will have to be made soon. She still knows the most comfortable spot in the house, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers for Maddie and especially Frank. It is always tough to have to make the decision even though it is the kindest and best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.