Thursday, December 30, 2010

A GOOD PUN IS ITS OWN REWORD

* Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.

* A pessimist's blood type is always b-negative.

* Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

* Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.

* I used to work in a blanket factory, but it folded.

* If electricity comes from electrons . . . does that mean that morality comes from morons?

* Marriage is the mourning after the knot before.

* A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

* Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

* Sea captains don't like crew cuts.

* Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

* A successful diet is the triumph of mind over platter.

* A gossip is someone with a great sense of rumor.

* Without geometry, life is pointless.

* When you dream in color, it's a pigment of your imagination.

* Reading whilst sunbathing makes you well-red.

* When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

Last time Paul (A.) showed up here with his puns, we thought asking him to leave the stage was far too mild a punishment. We threatened horsewhipping, tarring and feathering, and exile to Siberia, but he seems not to have learned his lesson. I found this lot waiting in my inbox this morning. I don't know what to do with Paul (A.). He's incorrigible.

18 comments:

  1. I'm grateful to Paul(A.) and you for providing me with stuff to send to a friend who requested something humorous as often as possible. Some of the jokes we like aren't appropriate but he will like this. You brighten my day and his too. Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a nice cup of hot cocoa for him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! My friend Jeff on Facebook will love them, and be jealous of my imagination. Little does he know, and I want to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say incorrigible but you already have so... I'll just type it again as it's such a llvely word. Incorrigible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul, do you think a reward would work better than threats?

    In truth, I love the puns. I LOL each time I read the list.

    "the wrath of grapes"

    "Pavlov ring a bell"

    I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all new to me and they're terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody should have some hot cocoa today, even punsters. (I'm feeling benevolent at the moment; it may be the pain pill.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pablito, I just checked in at Facebook. One down, one to go. Yay!

    (I'm feeling benevolent at the moment; it may be the pain pill.)

    Pain pills will do that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellie, the puns were all new to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what to do with Paul (A.). He's incorrigible.

    We would of course not wish him to turn corrigible any time soon, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that the worst thing that could happen would be for Paul (A.) to become corrigible. What would I do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always been corrigible: I always admit it whenever I am wrong about something.



    wv = sulingly
    (and I am rarely sulingly about doing so)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, it wasn't I who inserted the apostrophe in the word "its" in your post's title.

    I am wrong sometimes. But I'm trying to cut back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paul (A.), you could have hacked the apostrophe in. But you didn't, did you? My mistake.

    You know, I don't get angry when people point out my mistakes. I'm grateful. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Then you're corrigible as well, and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.