Thursday, April 14, 2011

"THESE SHORTAGES WILL AFFECT YOU"

From the Borowitz Report:
Exporting Democracy Has Led to Shortages of it in U.S., Experts Say

Wisconsin, Florida Hardest Hit

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – The U.S. policy of exporting democracy abroad has meant that there is very little of it left at home.

That is the grim assessment of a new study commissioned by the University of Minnesota, which predicts that if the U.S. continues to export democracy at its current pace it may completely run out of it at home by the year 2015....

Read the rest over there. Borowitz has a special treat for you, a picture of the man with the tan, John Boehner.

Let me think. That's only 4 years away. Grim, indeed. I could still be around. The predictions that jump ahead to 2025 or 2040 don't worry me much, because know I will have left this good earth, but for my ashes. I do feel a bit sorry for the rest of y'all, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.