Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rajun' Cajun Radio


All Louisiana, All The Time!

While I was setting the radio stations on my new car, (yes, my car died in the accident, or rather it was so damaged, that we had to put it down) I discovered a new radio station, Rajun' Cajun Radio, out of Golden Meadow, Louisiana. That's down Bayou Lafourche from me - way down the bayou.

6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - The Hot Sauce Express - "Get on the Hot Sauce Express" with Bu-Bud and Waylon Thibodeaux. Every weekday morning, they host a 4-hour morning show featuring some of the best Cajun, Zydeco and Swamp Pop music in the world. On Friday mornings, from 7am - 8:00am, join Hugh Louviere for the South Louisiana Hunting and Fishing Show.

What's not to like? Well, I skip the fishing part. Some of the Swamp Pop Music sounds a lot like rhythm and blues and the old rock 'n' roll, the good stuff from the 50s.

Every cloud must have a silver lining
Wait until the sun shines through


I can't stay a melancholy baby forever, right?

11 comments:

  1. One of my temporary roommates turned me on to that! Fun stuff.

    I'm stiff but not terribly sore. Busy. And want to stay here longer than I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin, "stiff but not terribly sore" is good, I guess. When do you leave?

    "Ain't That a Shame?" by Fats Domino. Can't do much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what color is your new car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, it's a gray Buick. It's quite nice. We got a good price on a 2007 model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday morning. I'm working on coming back here for field ed.

    I don't know if I'm in love with this city, but I am in hope with it. And completely inspired by it. I've never been this exhausted, and energized, at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirstin, that's too soon.

    I don't know if I'm in love with this city, but I am in hope with it.

    You're rooting for New Orleans. It happens time and time again with "foreigners" who come to New Orleans and who "get it". Not everyone does. You're one of the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I would have to download another listening device in order to hear it and I ain't ready to do that, I tell you whut!

    My favorite Fats tune is "Walkin' to N'awlins"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...mmmm, sounds good!

    ::cues up Buckwheat Zydeco, BeauSoleil and Wayne Toups on his iPod::

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, anything by Fats is good for me.

    David, glad you can tune in.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.