Sunday, August 31, 2008

Overwhelmed!

Hearing of all the prayers from the different congregations this morning is overwhelming. Thanks to you all. They are much appreciated.

As the storm moves inland, it loses strength, so even if it comes close to us, the wind strength will be less, maybe 85 mph, not fun, but I've been through that before when we stayed in our house for Hurricane Andrew. We survived. It's raining here, and the wind has picked up a bit, but nothing bad, yet. We'll likely lose power soon. Please pray for my son and grandchildren who stayed behind in Thibodaux. We get periodic updates from them by phone.

I'm afraid my poor New Orleans will be affected by this storm, too, but perhaps not as badly as with Katrina.

Fran love thanks for being such a brick and taking the time to post here.

Love and blessings.

9 comments:

  1. We all continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still got a candle burning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone in the path is in our prayers but a special one for you, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides praying, I'm watching ABC26.com, the TV station. There's Thibodaux on the radar map.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all in my prayers. We prayed for you in both the services I led yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son and I were looking at Thibodaux in his atlas. For some reason I'd imagined you living to the north of New Orleans; I see now that you're practically in the Gulf! As everyone else says, prayers continue.

    (((Mimi)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers continue to ascend, Mimi, for you and for everyone in NOLA and the state of Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi- prayers for all. Sorry we keep missing each other.

    Call with an update if you can.

    So much love to one and all along the Gulf Coast.

    Well not so much love to Gustav himself.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.