Friday, August 22, 2008

Rising Tide Conference


Tomorrow, Grandpère and I will be in New Orleans at the Rising Tide III Conference. John Barry the author off Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How It Changed America will be keynote speaker at the Conference this year.

According to Oyster, at Your Right Hand Thief, lagniappe will include:

...Lee "hurting the recovery" Zurik, a catered lunch from J'Anita's, and the opportunity to see Dangerblond explode and forcefully put someone in his/her place, which has become a yearly tradition.

Dangerblond is a force. You don't want to mess with her.

Many of the bloggers will be blogging the conference from their laptops, but since I don't have a laptop, I will not. Sometimes it's good just to listen.

Au revoir, mes amis. Jusqu'à demain soir.

4 comments:

  1. Mimi, I know you are gone, but I'd like to email you when you get back. I have two things I've been thinking about because of my work in education lately, and they both have to do with the New Orleans public School System. one is The Shock Doctrine opening, where Naomi Klein refers to NO, and the other is the last week's New York Times Magazine, also about the NO public schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I have an email address below my picture on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, I will be giving information, but it will come mostly from links to those bloggers who were live-blogging from the conference.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.