Friday, September 26, 2008

Passing Gas Is Against The Law?

From MSNBC News:

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A West Virginia man accused of passing gas and fanning it toward a police officer no longer faces a battery charge.

The Kanawha County prosecutor's office requested that the charge be dropped against 34-year-old Jose Cruz.
....

"The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons," the complaint alleged.

Cruz acknowledged passing gas, but said he didn't move his chair toward the officer nor aim gas at the patrolman. He said he had an upset stomach at the time, but police denied his request to go to the bathroom when he first arrived at the station.

"I couldn't hold it no more," he said.


All right, I'm on record. If I die soon, it's all Lapin's fault. I nearly choked to death from laughing when when I read this. I feel fine now, but I fear that I'm not out of danger, as there could be ill effects from the trauma later.

3 comments:

  1. Seems your readership is clinically tight-assed or maybe even brain-dead when it comes to fart humour, Mimi. I'm afraid that with the fine exception of yourself, this could be a serious American problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this magistrate has to clear the court and adjourn the morning session, after person unknown cuts the cheese mercilessly and big-time, rendering the courtroom uninhabitable.

    Thirty minutes (fans and open windows) later, the session resumes. Next case is an Irishman, charged with public intoxication. "Name?" asks the judge. "Alf Hartigan, your honor." "You do, and I'll jail you for contempt", yells the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alf, thanks for weighing in. There was my post alone, bereft of comments, before you came to save the day.

    I can only assume that, except for you and me, the rest of my readers have matured past the mental age of 12.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.