Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Irony Of Ironies!

My friend Oyster at Your Right Hand Thief pulled the quote below from a conservative blogger, and I could not resist stealing it.

"Obama thinks he is a good talker, but he is often undisciplined when he speaks. He needs to understand that as President, his words will be scrutinized and will have impact whether he intends it or not. In this regard, President Bush is an excellent model; Obama should take a lesson from his example. Bush never gets sloppy when he is speaking publicly. He chooses his words with care and precision, which is why his style sometimes seems halting. In the eight years he has been President, it is remarkable how few gaffes or verbal blunders he has committed. If Obama doesn't raise his standards, he will exceed Bush's total before he is inaugurated."

-- John Hindraker, of the conservative Power Line blog, Time magazine's 2004 "Blog of the Year".

I dislike giving anyone at Power Line a link, but I feared that you may not believe that Hindraker said the words above. If you can trust me without clicking the link, then please don't click.

17 comments:

  1. Hindraker? More like Hindlicker!

    Um, so who's this George Bush he's talking about? Certainly not the one I saw on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone's been drinking the moonshine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I really believe there must be a parallel universe out there. Bushisms - let me count the ways.

    Fooled once, shame on me, fooled again...its not nice to fool people.

    Others anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerline is from my state (blush). I can't believe he said this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What that says to me is that Bush intended to say those things.

    Even if you remove his alleged "Bushisms", he gets an "F" for content.

    Is this a case of, if we say it enough, eventually everyone will think it's true? Or is this guy's audience a bunch of idiots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a "Talking Dubya Doll" on my desk. Mine is dressed in a cowboy outfit, and, on the pedestal, there is a button You can for "Funny Comments" and another one for "Serious Comments." When you do, his jaw opens and closes and his head moves and, no matter which button you've pushed, a recording of W says things that are absolutely hysterical - when they aren't pathetic and stupid.

    You can order yours here http://www.talkingpresidents.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GWB&Category_Code= (available in presidential suit or famous flight suit)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...now...that really IS the very best "hoot" of the day. HAR! Thanks, grandmere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (shaking head with no comment)

    Love and Prayers,
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I had it before Countdown, but Oyster had it at 9:03 this morning.

    Great doll, Elizabeth. Will you retire it on Jan. 20?

    My favorite Bush quote from Keith:

    "Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bushe' speaches are not his, but written (by professionals) and rehearsed.

    How come the fellow doesn't know that??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Göran, I believe he must have veered from the script on occasion. No professional would write that gibberish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe he only stuck to script "on occasion," Mimi. More often than not, his brain was in neutral and his brain in overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surely Hindaker works at the Ministry of Truth. He seems to be able to construct a grammatical sentence, which leds me to consider the power of sycophancy; there is nothing some people won't do for what they want: money, access, etc.

    I'd call him a whore, but I don't want to demean sex workers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's not responsible for his name, of course, but I'm sorely tempted to laugh each time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That might be a short 'i' in the first syllable, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan, but the mere look of it in print is temptation enough.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.