Friday, January 30, 2009

Prayer Request From Ellie - "Oh, No, No, No, No!"

From Ellie Finlay

Oh, no, no, no.

I just this minute got the word that Izzy (my big dog) has bone cancer. Her leg could break at any moment. I'm going to need to have her put down in a couple of days. I just asked her vet to give me time to process this and say good-bye.

Obviously, I'm in shock right now. It hasn't really sunk in.


Oh dear! How sad. And so soon after Ellie's scare about her own health. Please pray for Ellie and Izzy.

UPDATE:

From Ellie:

I've decided to have her put down this afternoon. I'm actually on my way now. A dear friend and dog lover is meeting me at the animal hospital.

Please keep saying prayers. I love this dog like my life - I'm sure you understand.

Love,
Ellie

7 comments:

  1. Prayers ascending but a whole string of "Oh, damns" ascending with them, unfortunately. I know to learn to accept these things, but that doesn't mean I have to like them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbreaking....

    My prayers are with Ellie and Izzy. I hope Ellie will take care of herself.

    Pax,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many golden tails of late....

    Hugs to Ellie and Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((((Ellie)))

    Prayers ascending for Izzy and Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More prayers and hugs for Ellie and Izzy.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.