Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Urgent Prayer Requests

From ELLIE FINLAY (40 minutes ago):

Hi, Jonathan.

Please get people praying. I'm going to the hospital with heart attack symptoms.

The medics are here.
Bye.
Ellie


Also further to this prayer request:

DAVID writes:

I'd appreciate the continued prayers, as I was part of a large layoff at work today...


Also, please don't forget JimB, laid off from work and laid up in hospital.

Posted by MadPriest at 9:34 PM


What a load of bad news in one night. Prayers for all.

UPDATE from the comments at OCICBW:

Jim said...

Prayers ascending for Elle and David. Latest news on my own case is that the pathologists say the gallblader must come out. We will schedule surgery in the morning. (It is the evening of the 27th here as I type this.

MP, you have forged an amazing community here. You and the Spirit do good work together.

FWIW
jimB


Prayers that all goes well with JimB's gallbladder surgery.

9 comments:

  1. And all added to tomorrow's morning office intercessions ... Lord have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got home and learned of all of this - oh my. Praying and praying more.

    Will try to call you tomorrow my beautiful and generous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining the community prayers. Peace and healing for Ellie. I hope Jim's surgery goes as well as mine did for that condition. Jobs for David, Jim, and continuing for JCF. Peace and blessings for all those praying.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers ascending for everyone.

    The Ice Storm of 2009 is going to be over by midnight. That's at least some good news for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hillbilly, it's about time we had good news. I hope y'all still have power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again, Grandmere! It was so lovely of you to post the prayer request here as well.

    And, yes, let's hope the ice passes quickly. I haven't lost power this year so far. (Last year I lost power for several days and had quite a mess to clean up in the yard.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know which "Elizabeth" you are, but I thank you So Much, for remembering me! :-)

    [I also give thanks for my EA group, which met today---they're helping me get through this gawdawful Depression (in terms of both psychology and economy! :-( )]

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.