Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News From Ellie!

Blogger Ellie Finlay said...

Dearest friends,

I'm seem to be okay. I haven't had a heart attack but the medical people said I did the right thing in calling the paramedics. I'm in the hospital overnight for tests. They're not sure why I had the symptoms - jaw and neck pain, some nausea (symptoms that women tend to have when they sometimes don't have chest pain). I have several risk factors: both parents died from heart disease, I'm well past menopause and I have high cholesterol (despite my vegetarianism!) Also, they've found a couple of spots on my chest X-ray that weren't there in 2007 (and I'm an old TB patient) so they wanted to check that out.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I know this community is a POWERFUL prayer force so, of course, I had to email Mad Priest before getting in that ambulance. (Then fortunately, some friends brought me my laptop after I was admitted.) No doubt all the prayer power had something to do with the (so far) positive outcome. (DON'T ask me how that works. I'm in no condition to do heavy-duty theology tonight.)

David, I'm so, so sorry about the job loss. I will definitely give that situation prayer time (I do have my rosary with me) and Jim, may your surgery go well. I promise to pray.

Again, thank you all so much. I love you dearly - each and every one of you.
Ellie


Thanks be to God, dear Ellie! Now we'll pray about the spots on your lung.

And remember JimB, who will have his gallbladder removed tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. Prayers ascend for JimB and David as well as for Ellie. Peace be with each of you as our Healer works in your lives for the best outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, peace to you. Thanks for leaving the good words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Ellie! Prayers of thanksgiving and also for the spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding Ellie, JimB and David in prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He . . . chose US for a reason ...though I have YET to understand why!!

    It HAUNTS ME. . .

    I've hurt people, I never meant to.

    So U see,... or do you?


    we all have talents, I excelled at drawing ... creativity.

    All that died while taking care of Granny.

    ...And NO, I have never thought much of myself, ... Like I have such Fantasy...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers ascending for Ellie, David and Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many prayers - thank God Ellie is doing OK, let's hope it all turns out well with that lung.

    And so many prayers for David and JimB too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellie, you gracious, generous soul; prayers and incense offered for you here in Montreal.

    Jim B prayers ascending for your operation.

    brother David you and your family are so much in my prayers and practice. we're in exactly the same situation- my job got rationalized last August- so i don't ask anything for myself,that i don't ask for you first as you've got a family to feed.

    remembering you all in love and confidance

    David@Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG love coming from me to all who need a dose! We're all in this together ...

    Healing hands on your heart, Ellie xoxoxoxo

    Mimi ... Bless you for putting the word out! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now a word about calling 911 and the Paramedics. If in doubt, do it! When they show up the hospital E.R. has come to you in the hands of very skilled medics who know what to do, how to do and have the equipment to do it, all in direct communication with the E.R. doc.
    CP
    (Chaplain, WW Fire. Dept.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers also, for David G. Hang in there, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. David G, yes. Prayers for you too, love. I meant to say that earlier.

    ...And NO, I have never thought much of myself, ... Like I have such Fantasy...lol..

    God loves you, David, therefore you should hold yourself in high regard.

    Mimi ... Bless you for putting the word out!

    Jaliya, the prayer requests seem to have become a ministry, one that was, in a way, thrust upon me, but one I'm honored to perform.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent, excellent, news.
    Much to be thankful for today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my students had good news today, having had a swell of bad luck through late last year.

    My lab reminded me it's Chinese new year! The year of the Rat wasn't kind to the misfortunate one (she's Chinese), and Ox appears to have come in like a bull.

    So to speak.

    Hey, whatever. We'll take whatever I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three cheers for the Year of the Ox!

    And may what began as a bad year for some of us move forward into a very good year.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.