Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why I Am Episcopalian

Both videos are taken from the website I Am Episcopalian. Most of the brief statements by folks explaining why they are Episcopalians are quite good.

However, I discovered that the embed code that I copied for the two videos that I chose to post did not work for me at my blog when I hit "Publish". I got an "Error" message. I know next to nothing about computer codes, but when I added a closure for the "embed" at the end of the code, I was able to post. Perhaps, I was doing something wrong, but if I get something to work that wasn't working before, I run with it.

Then, when I did get the videos to post, both started automatically and at the same time. I suppose the code needs fixing there, too, or, once again, I'm doing something wrong. So what I advise is to hit the "Stop" button on one, watch the other, and then hit the "Start" button on the other to watch it. Thus endeth the (no doubt, very wrong) computer code lesson. But hey! It works for me. I hope it works for you.

Thanks to advice from Ann in the comments, I fixed the code so that the videos do not start automatically, so disregard the directions above.


Bishop Charles Jenkins of the Diocese of Louisiana tells a story to illustrate why he is Episcopalian.




And then, Mark Harris at Preludium tells his own story of why he is Episcopalian.



Both are good commercials for the Episcopal Church, don't you think? You may want to watch some of the other videos at the website.

4 comments:

  1. How to fix the code --- look at the code and see where it says autostart=true -- change that to false

    voila!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, many thanks. Your advice worked! I'm always amazed when I can follow advice about a computer fix, and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've shared this with my EfM classmates, and one guy in particular was wowed by your Bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCG, Bishop Jenkins is a mensch. God bless him.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.