Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Holiday Complaints Received By Thomas Cook

"The beach was too sandy."

"We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader only to find out they were fake."

"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

"It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England but it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

"I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment with our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

"The brochure states 'No hairdressers at the hotel.' We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?"

"We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."

"We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

"I was bitten by a mosquito. No-one said they could bite."

"I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits such as custard creams and ginger nuts."

"On my holiday to Goa in India I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

"We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."


Thanks to Erika.

15 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I know people like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairdressers one is nice.

    What's your beef with avatars, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Auntees, I do, too. Are you in the travel business?

    Lapin, there's your avatar back. It takes the comment box longer to load with the avatars, but since you want them back, here they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: It only matters when I'm on slow wireless on my laptop, which I am when I'm at my son's house with my grandchildren. The avatars may disappear again. I don't always remember to turn them back on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these were recently in our city paper as complaints made by pommie (English)tourists to Australia. They are probably taking on a life of their own- just change countries to suit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian, they do take on a life of their own. I don't do any background research with the jokes. I takes 'em like they comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care either way, but yours is the only blog I've noticed where they don't appear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the mosquito one and I also know people who say things like those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've stolen them all as "Fillers" for our magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mosquitoes bite? That was a good one, and I liked the fake Ray-Bans, too.

    SR, and they were all clean, just right for a parish magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, we aren't in the travel business. I worked as a public health nurse and Sarah was a musician. People complain no matter....... It just sounded familiar

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the reason why bags of peanuts have a heath warning on them saying "Warning;may contain nuts." and irons come with the warning "Do not iron clothes on the body." Humans are just that dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two Auntees, I'm sure that working as a public health nurse, you've heard it all.

    TheMe, you seem to have quite a low opinion of your species. What a cynical lad you are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a low opinion of the species, just low expectation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sort of the same thing, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.