Monday, May 25, 2009

Please Pray For Frank And Carol

From David@Montreal concerning Frank, who has leukemia, and who has undergone gene therapy, preceded by treatments to destroy his immune system in order for the gene therapy to be effective, and for Frank's wife Carol:

acting on my intuition I blew the budget & called Frank last night
and spoke with both Frank and Carol
both of them sounded worn down at the moment- though Frank did his best as usual to sound both positive and grateful
he particularly asked me to thank 'all those incredible individuals out there you've got walking in prayer with us through this' to quote Frank, 'i still can't quite believe it' and Carol told me, more than once in the rough spot he's told her he's got to 'make it,' 'just too many people counting on me for any other option.'

the latest challege is c-difficile,
and Frank has been given medication, but been asked to stay away from the hospital until its beaten-- 'unless things become critical'
of course we are also waiting for the proverbial other shoe to fall GVHD which can be anticipated any time within the first hundred days; the result of the genetic material being only a 9/10 match.

as i said both Frank and Carol sounded particularly worn down, and for the first time he hinted to me of the possibility of a future without him.
Carol spoke of the hardship of not even being able to attend her parish Church last Sunday as they are in isolation. and Kerri, their youngest daughter and my God-daughter has just been confirmed as being pregnant, however F & C cannot see either her or their other 2 daughters and grandchildren
i confess there were tears i hung up.

so, dear siblings in faith and practice I'm asking for prayer- for their spirits, for this latest challenge

8 comments:

  1. Hello, Göran! It's good to hear from you. I know that you moved, and I suppose that you have not had regular access to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goran is back - thank God.

    Many prayers for Frank and Carol and always for David.

    Oh my - this is so hard to read about. We walk together in community in our sorrows as well as joys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add my prayers also. It really was hard to read, but I'm sure much harder to experience. God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Internet and no e-mail for a month - and now the telephone line is dead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Göran, that's out of touch for sure, love. Condolences.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.