Monday, May 25, 2009

THE WORD From Ellen - Just DANCE!



Thanks to Elizabeth at Telling Secrets, via Lisa at My Manner of Life comes the video of Ellen DeGeneres giving the commencement speech at Tulane University - that's TU in my beloved native city of New Orleans. Yes, it is. How proud I am that the powers, whoever they are, had the audacity and the wisdom to invite Ellen to speak at their commencement exercises. It's likely one of the best commencement speeches that I have ever heard.

All right, so it's 10 minutes long, and you don't have time, or you don't want to take the time, but you should watch anyway. It doesn't feel like 10 minutes, and I promise you that you won't be sorry if you do. Remember that Ellen is also a native of New Orleans, so she is my sister in a very special way.

Elizabeth and Lisa both posted the video, but I had to have it. I believe that they and you will understand why.

8 comments:

  1. I listened to it on Telling Secrets and I agree it is by far the best commencement speech I've heard. I also enjoyed watching the man next to her (President or Provost or whomever) laughing at all the right times. It's worth a second viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this little clip should go 'viral' so more people can hear it. Thanks for doing your part, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that it goes viral. I'd like everyone to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up on Diverse Mind it goes--she rocks! Thanks to all three of you for getting this started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good. The more viewings, the merrier.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.