Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rx For Hubby...

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, "I would like to buy some cyanide."

The pharmacist asked, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"

The lady replied, "I need it to poison my husband."

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he exclaimed, "Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband. That's against the law! I'll lose my license! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen.
Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!"

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "Well now, that's a different story. You didn't tell me you had a prescription."


From Susan S.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Funky Grandpa. Welcome to my humble blog. I checked in at your place, and you write really well. I love the story of your mom, the strong woman. Like "Little House On the Prairie". You're not a plagiarizing Funky Grampa, are you? No, I know you're not. Just joshing.

    I wish I could take credit for the stories, but I'm blessed with several good friends, both real and virtual, who send me stuff, which I hold in reserve for when the idea well runs dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to make it clear that "Susan" is not "susankay"

    cute, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's susan s.! I forget to make that distinction in my emails...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan S, I knew. I simply forgot to add the S. I hope everyone's happy now.

    I'm glad y'all liked the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reminded of Billy Graham's answer when asked if he or his wife had ever considered divorce. He said, "Divorce! Never! , , , Murder..."

    FWIW
    jimB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim, that's about right.

    I still pray for a job for you. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.