Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saintly Ramblings - 25 Years A Priest


SR with his mother and father on the big day.

Some clergy celebrate their 25th anniversary with a special service or a parish party. That's not for me. Today is a marker on the journey, and gives a certain sense of satisfaction that I've made it this far, but I don't intend to wave flags or inflate balloons.

25 years ago today I first put on a clerical collar. These days I hardly ever wear it. "O tempora o mores!"


And he can't remember where he washed his clothes when he was in seminary.

Wish him another 25 years at his blog.

I've seen him, you know, and he hasn't changed a bit, but for his mane, which is a tad less luxuriant these days.

2 comments:

  1. Does he still have that sweet mustache?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I meant to get back to you. SR still has the sweet mustache, but it seems to have changed color - if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.