Tuesday, November 17, 2009

From Kathy Jensen - "A Few Words"


I hesitate to add any words here, as I would like to freeze time and not go forward, leaving Jim's photo up top, his sermons below, and forever be silent here. Soon I must take his clothing and vestments to the funeral home so he can be dressed and prayed over. I don't want to go ahead, but I must, and am so very thankful for all who have been with me, near and far, to help me....

Please read the rest of Kathy's beautiful words at her site, Lady of Silences.

A reminder:

My husband, the Very Rev. James M. Jensen, rector of Grace Church Utica, NY died unexpectedly late this afternoon. We were at an ordination and he had chest pains and we went to the hospital and he did not make it. His aorta ruptured and it was all over. Nothing more I can say now. We are in shock.
....

Requiem eucharist will be Thursday at 7 p.m. - preceded by in church visitation from 3 - 6 p.m. Grace Church, Utica, NY.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Grace Church Music Fund or the Society of St. Margaret – Haiti.