Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pray For Roseann And Gary

Just before I left to go to New Orleans this morning, I received this very sad news:

Morning June,

I am writing to tell you that Roseann has decided to stop the dialysis. She feels she is not improving in anyway and is suffering. She did this after having conversation with her doctor, priest, social worker and nurses at the dialysis center. She told me she has 7-14 days beginning this past Thursday. She is at peace with this decision as is Gary, and has made preliminary funeral arrangements with her priest.

My heart is very heavy right now.

Sue


I am so sorry. This breaks my heart, but I understand Roseann's decision. I pray that Roseann does not suffer any more, and that she goes gentle into that good night. How fortunate that she now has a good priest and a church community ministering to her. I pray for strength for Gary during this most difficult time. I have no more words now. Maybe later.

MadPriest has more.

Roseann's email address is

revamundo@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear- I can't even imagine what this is like for Roseann. God grant her all the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, prayers for Roseann, Gary and her caregivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying regularly for Roseann due to reading your messages. I have often mused that I know almost nothing about her, where she lives etc. except the sad progress of her illness. I will continue to pray for her and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a brave fight Roseann has been waging. Prayers going her way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers ascending for Roseann and Gary and their carers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for Roseann and Gary are continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers continue for Roseann and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for keeping us updated, Sue and Mimi.
    Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.