Sunday, December 13, 2009

Please Pray For My Friend....

...my friend of more than 50 years, one of my closest friends in high school and college, still a friend. Although we don't live that far away from one another, we don't see each another as much as we'd like, but we keep in touch.

Last night, she called me with sad news. She recently had surgery for colon cancer. The surgeon removed two-thirds of her colon. She has not seen her oncologist yet, so she does not know what sort of further treatment she will undergo.

I was devastated when I heard her news. I could hardly take in what I was hearing. However, my friend is a person of great faith, full of courage and hope, and after we spoke for quite a long time, I felt better. She was strong enough for the two of us. She believes that she will be fine, and by the end of our conversation, I agreed with her. She will be fine.

My friend has many admirable qualities, but one especially stands out in my mind. She will not gossip. When the conversation veers in the direction of gossip, she either goes quiet or tries to steer the talk into another direction. I confess that on more than one occasion, she made me ashamed that I joined in.

My friend, no doubt, faces difficult times ahead. Please pray that she will continue to be strong in faith and hope and that the treatments will not take too heavy a toll on her. This request is close to my heart.

Update from Ann:

Wes and Laura Shields, he was recently rector of St Andrews in
the Pines, Pinedale, WY have experienced a tragedy. Their new
baby girl, born Oct 1, died Friday in her crib. Her name was
Matty Mae. Please pray for them.

They are in the Diocese of Maine now.


What a terrible tragedy for Wes and Laura. May Matty Mae rest in peace and rise in glory. May God give comfort, consolation, and the peace that passes understanding to Wes and Laura and all who love Matty Mae.

15 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend - many prayers of healing and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers will continue for your friend. May Wes and Laura find some measure of peace. Loss of a baby is devastating. May God help them understand it wasn't something they did or didn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers at this late hour for all concerned and for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good character...I know one of those ladies too...it´s remarkable to me (although my own Mother didn´t gossip either)...I wish her well in her healing and continued peace of mind.

    Oh the Baby, such a sad day to know Baby Matty Mae went away from us.

    Love to all loved ones, family and friends,
    Len

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartfelt prayers for all and a hug for you, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your friend and the parents of Matty Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for all. And as always, a virtual hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers ascending, Mimi--for your friend, for Wes and Laura, and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for your friend and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to all of you for the prayers. I promised my friend that people from all over the world would pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers for your friend, for Wes and Laura and for the repose of the soul of Matty Maw who rests in the arms of God. If my car gets out of the garage early enough I will attend the funeral on Wednesday afternoon. Boothbay is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. correction: the dear child is Matty Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayers of healing and peace for your friend.

    Prayers for Wes and Laura Shields in the loss of Matty Mae. What a tragedy. May they be consoled and comforted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will pray.

    God bless you Grandmere.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.