Friday, December 4, 2009

Roseann - "Where, O death, is your victory?"



Barbara, a friend of Roseann, posted the picture above on Roseann's Facebook page. I asked her permission to use the photo here, and she graciously answered:

Roseann would love that! I posted the picture to share with everyone.

Roseann's request for her ashes to be placed in a Hellmann's Mayonnaise jar was one stanza of her final splendid, tragic, humorous, and life-giving poem on this good earth before her holy death. And hers was the holiest death that I have ever known.

The picture below is Barbara's, too.



‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’
‘Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?’
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Thanks to Sue for calling the picture to my attention.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. The sky one is gorgeous. And the mayo jar is an example of how something so daily can be made holy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lady! What an incredible lady she was! Thank you for posting this, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed and I cried when I saw the picture. That was often my response in my several lovely telephone conversations Roseann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roseann had a way of soothing our pain and sorrow, for she was at peace, she said. I knew it was so because her voice did not betray her.

    As her cyber friend, I thank you all for the love and prayers you sent to her. That made all the difference in her easy passing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo of the mayonaise jar. Roseann is resting in glorious peace. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of a kind - one of a very remarkable kind. Roseann's spirit soars, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roseann, was, indeed, one of a kind, a lovely mix of kindness, earthiness, wit, holiness...I could go on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roseann's last joke. She was a real pip!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.