Sunday, March 28, 2010

PLEASE PRAY...

...for Frank, who will have surgery tomorrow to remove a section of his colon because of repeated attacks of diverticulitis.

...for Tom (not my Tom) who will have surgery in a few days to remove a tumor on his brain.

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servants Frank and Tom the help of your power, that their sicknesses may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

UPDATE: Frank's surgery went very well. The doctors were able to do a laparoscopy.

6 comments:

  1. Prayers ascending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers from me too, for Frank's continuing recovery and for Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the prayers. Frank is my brother-in-law, and Tom is a friend. I heard from Tom's partner today, and both are in good spirits and want the surgery over. His surgery is scheduled for the Monday after Easter.

    I was in a hurry last night when I posted, and I misspelled laparoscopy badly. I have now corrected my spelling. Even when I spell the word correctly, Firefox underlines in red.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.