Thursday, June 3, 2010

AND MORE PRAYERS...


...for the family of Ann Fontaine's brother, Steve, who passed away on Monday. The funeral will be tomorrow, Friday, at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Portland, Oregon, at 1:00 PM (PDT). Ann will lead the service, and Steve and Marlene's priest will serve with her.

Ann asks for prayers to bear her through the service.


From Arkansas Hillbilly:

I spoke with Fr. Roger again today about going to see Bishop Benfield about starting the official discernment process. His answer? We're forming a pre-discernment committee to meet a couple times before approaching the Bishop. More red tape. Well, nothing worth doing is done quickly, I guess. It is frustrating. I mean I've spent the last 18 months working on the degree to get to this point. Well, if I can get my 4 year degree in 18 months while holding down a full time job and with a wife and two babies at home I think I can make it to the next step.

In the meantime, please pray for me that no matter what happens I accept whatever it is Christ has in store for me.

10 comments:

  1. Prayers offered for Ann and the repose of Steve. For AH and his family (since they have to go through this ordeal as well). May faith, hope, and love surround and sustain them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pre-discernment committee? Try justifying that on the basis of canon law, or of common sense. Sounds like the bishop is trying to control the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. I never heard of a pre-discernment committee, but I suppose this is not the time to go into rebel mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers ascending for Ann, Steve, and all who love him.

    Arkansas Hillbilly--I will be praying for you and your family. I highly encourage you to seek out support--the ordination process is often very difficult and frustrating.

    Pax,
    Doxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers . . .prayers . . . prayers, and more prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes prayers for everyone.

    This pre-discernment committee sounds like something Fr. Roger made up without consulting the Bishop. Priestly control issues, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what to make of it either. There are a lot of stuff happening in our little parrish right now with Father Guillermo Castillo swimming the Tiber to our side and leading Hispanic Ministries in our diocese. I'm on the committee that is trying to prepare him for the switch. There is much focus on him right now, and this may just be a delay tactic so neither is overshadowing the other. It makes sense to me anyway. Part of what he (my priest) said was, "Well, the bishop is going to have us form a committe anyway, so..." and we started throwing names around for the committee. So far everyone on the committee is someone I know and am on good terms with.

    I think it's less of a control issue and more of a "one at a time, please" issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers ascending for Ann and her familiars and Hillbilly and his!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.