Monday, October 25, 2010

RIGHTEOUS RAGE

Doxy expresses Righteous Rage, and I don't blame her. I become frustrated and angry at the same injustices.

I am angry about people who promise the moon and have no intention of delivering. I am particularly angry about people who do this while asking for my money and my time/vote.

I am angry about a society that puts profits before people, and actually rewards the robbers while it throws people out of their homes into the streets. I am angry at the selfishness of those who "have"--determined to deny their fellow citizens a decent standard of living and some security because it might mean they have to give up some frills in their lives.

I am furious with people who have the power to help others--and refuse to do it.

Do read the rest of Doxy's post, which serves as a mirror for us to see ourselves and what we have become in these sorry times.

6 comments:

  1. I had dinner with my old friend David Kaplan the other night, and I remarked that a country that divides itself between "winners" and "losers" can forget about having a middle class. He replied that they can forget about having a country.

    The wisdom of DKNY (NOT Dona Karan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counterlight, I fear your friend David Kaplan is right. I believe you were the one who said things haven't got bad enough yet for people in this country to realize that the ideas of the rightist crazies are dead wrong. I repeated your wisdom in the comments to Doxy's post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting to be like Palestine/Israel: just when you think things can't get any worse, they do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mimi.

    Counterlight--Just how bad does it have to get? And, as Mimi said in the comment section on my blog, do people start looking for another Hitler to "save" them when they finally DO realize how bad things are?

    Scary times... :-(

    (WV: submess Yep.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I posted on my blog this morning, I look at all the strikes and protests in France and reflect how such a thing is now unimaginable in this country, even though our over-lords have so contemptuously screwed us over more than the French.
    We've become as passive and fatalistic as Chinese peasants, just at the same time when Chinese peasants have become much more combative and taken greater risks to resist their overlords screwing them over.

    A scullery maid would spit in disgust at our servility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doxy, you're quite welcome.

    Counterlight, I wonder how much good strikes and protests do. The French government does not seem poised to reconsider their intent to change the retirement age from 60 to 62.

    In truth, I can't say that I have great sympathy for the workers' cause. The reality is that France no longer has the funds nor the number of younger workers to support retirement at full pension at age 60. Retirement at full pension at age 62 seems like a dream to most of us here in the US.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.