Sunday, November 21, 2010

A TEACHER STORY - THE STAPLER

Having served his time with the Marine Corps, a man became a school teacher and a week before school started he injured his back. He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body.

Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and wasn't even noticeable.

On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the school.

Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, he opened the window wide and sat down at his desk.

When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he took a stapler and stapled the tie to his chest.


He had no trouble with discipline that year...

Dedicated to Doorman-Priest.

Blame Doug.

6 comments:

  1. I could have used that my first year teaching thirty (!) years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine was 6'5" and 230 pounds when he started teaching in the local vo-tech school. After the second day of class he came down to my office looking quite pale and shaken. Two of his students got into a fight and he didn't know what to do. Being somewhat large, he was able to take each of them by the collar, pull them apart and tell them there would be no fighting in his class. He was afraid he had done something that would get him fired. The result of that encounter was a very peaceful atmosphere in that class for the rest of the year and for years to come as the incident was repeated year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad y'all are enjoying the joke.

    Fred, which remark do you resemble?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi,
    My overall size coupled with a very deep voice tends to keep discipline issues to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred, I'm sure it helps. I remember when my boys got taller than I. It became more of a problem to see myself as the boss. Of course, I had other things were in my favor like food, housing, money, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.