Friday, January 21, 2011

HILDEGARD - "A FEATHER ON THE BREATH OF GOD"


On this day (The Feast of St. Agnes) two years ago, my beloved cat Hildegard departed this world. She truly was a "feather on the breath of God" and I still miss her terribly. Call me a sentimental old man, but know that my life is not the same without her. At some primal, yea theological, level I'm confident she waits for me in the heavenly realms. Good girl!

--Bruce+
(aka Canon Itchy)

Bruce, I won't call you a sentimental old man. I'll call you a man who belonged to the beautiful Hildegard who loved him very much, and a man who loved Hildegard back with all his heart. My sympathy to you on this day. I know, too, that Hildegard waits for you.

11 comments:

  1. Bruce, I know exactly how you feel, and I believe she waits for you too (just as I hope my beloved Fifi waits for me). May God bless you and your Hildegard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifi and Hildegard and my first dog, Ginger, wait for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger sounds lovely too :-)

    Is that Hildegard in the photo? She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that's a silly question. Of course it's Hildegard.

    wv - fetheor! I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's Hildegard in the picture, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet kitty. I'm gonna have to explain cat coat color again....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're talking to the wrong guy, here, if you want me to think you're a sentimental old man. I love my boys like children and companions both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. But now it's off to slumber land in sub-zero northern temperatures. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruce, I think I have some idea of how you feel. My Whiteycat departed my corner of the world seven years ago on January 10. I still miss her, think of her always and shed many a tear in remembering how much she loved me. She served as my spiritual director the entire time that we were together. Like you, I hope and pray that Hildegard and Whitey will be waiting to greet us on the other side.

    Blessings to you as you cherish her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bruce, You are not silly at all. The Mu-man left this life during Holy Week in 2008 and there is still a big old empty spot where he once was.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.