Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NOT TO BE BELIEVED!

From Jude at First Draft:

Well, this is news from Madison, WI, but not about the protests and such.
....

I started the day with breakfast with a fellow state worker parasite. We went to a local diner to do something silly like spend money on goods and services that would help stimulate the local economy.
....

As is my wont, I ordered a cup of coffee with breakfast.



Yes. That's right. I'm in goddamn Wisconsin, and I get a cup that says "American by birth, Southern by the grace of God." And it's got a goddamn Confederate battle flag on it. That's a cup that's just bound to piss me off.

Read the rest of the story over there. You won't be sorry.

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid my elbow would have accidentally knocked that mug on the floor hoping it would break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piskie, I would have been tempted to something like that, too. I suppose Jude got more satisfaction from what he finally did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in *Pennsylvania* (Central) in the 90s, I used to routinely see the Stars&Bars (sometime accompanied with the words "It's a White Thing---You Wouldn't Understand").

    Of course, that wasn't as bad as seeing (once) a T-shirt w/ MLKJr's profile, and a crosshairs over it, w/ the words "Our Dream Came True!" (I think I vomited a little just typing that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought it was only down heah, JCF. Sadly, no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JCF and Mimi,

    I worked with a man who grew up in Pennsylvania - he told me, gleefully, how he and his friends and adult family used to come down South and go "n****r huntin'" so they wouldn't get a bad name for their state. He was the most racist, sexist, homophobic, backwards creature I've ever met.

    Stupid and violent doesn't limit itself to a particular geographic locale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stupid and violent doesn't limit itself to a particular geographic locale.

    You're right about that, Mark. Jude, who wrote the post at First Draft, is originally from Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.