Friday, February 18, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR KIRSTIN

From Kirstin at Barefoot and Laughing:
I had an MRI last night. Oncologist called me this morning.

They're small, and not causing edema or shifting of brain contents. But, I have them. They may be responsible for the transitory numbness I've had.

The next step is a radiation oncologist, probably next week. I asked my oncologist how effective that would be. He said it would shrink them, or make them stop growing, or make them go away. There's no telling whether they'd come back.

I'll be more reflective later. Had to get this out there.



O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers: Mercifully accept our prayers, and grant to your servant Kirstin the help of your power, that her sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

UPDATE: Two later posts from Kirstin are here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers. And more prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Kirstin, you're quite welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten you are very brave and thank you for sharing your medical condition with us--your quiet confrontation of this problem is inspiring...prayers for comfort and healing.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.