Saturday, March 12, 2011

BLESSINGS AND CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ANN!


As the search continues for a full-time priest to replace the retired Paul Barthelemy at St. Catherine Episcopal in Manzanita, the church had to look no further than its own backyard to find an interim vicar.

Ann Fontaine, who lives in Cannon Beach and attends St. Catherine regularly, was named to fill the post effective Feb. 13. Fontaine is no stranger to the north Oregon coast it turns out.

From the North Coast Citizen. What you see is what you get, because to read further, you need a subscription. But anyone who regularly visits the Episcopal Café, where Ann a contributer, or this blog already knows Ann. She's pictured above with her husband.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Mimi -- I like the Vicar takes reigns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Must we address you as "Your Majesty"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ann, this parish is SO fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Oregon Coast. One of my favorite places...

    Congrats, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come see me here. But bring my tiara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come see me here. But bring my tiara!

    Better than a mitre any old day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry everyone, I appear to have accidentally logged on as Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy, are you trying to tell us something? Or are you at the single malt bottle again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Mimi, no it's all the Mad Priest's fault, he once addressed me as Bruce, long story, so then I set up a logon as Bruce just for a larf, which I accidentally used tonight. I hope that makes it all clear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, Cathy, it's all clear now. Heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, alias "Bruce": seems kinda sexy! ;-)

    [Packs tiara, off to see Ann! ;-p Ann, y'know I lived in Portland 1986-90. Visited the Coast regularly...]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bruce/Cathy is hilarious, as is "Cathy's" explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Curious, from a linguistics pov, to know how the Rev'd Mr Barthelemy pronounces his surname. In the UK it would probably be pronounced along the lines of "Bartemly".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Lapin - that is about right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting. There's a village on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border called Barthomley, which is pronounced "Bartomley. Did a fair amount of drinking there in my student days, but hence my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lapin is there a plaque in the pub in remembrance of your revels? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ... a fair amount of drinking", but on a modest scale and here, an excellent, ancient pub. I was never around Olympic-class boozers until I crossed the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.