Sunday, March 20, 2011

CHUBBY CARRIER AND THE BAYOU SWAMP BAND

 

The band that won the Grammy playing this afternoon at the Bayou Swamp Stomp Festival at Nicholls State University here in Thibodaux


 

The band again


 

The dancers


 

A couple who danced really well


 

Chubby Carrier and moi

Chubby knows to hold up his CD because he wants to sell you a copy of his latest "Zydeco Junkie".


 

Randy Ellis and moi

Randy is a local boy who went to school with my daughter, Alison, and played with her in the Thibodaux High School Band.

You may order the CD from the band's website or the MP3 album from MadPriest's Amazon widget on his right sidebar.


2 comments:

  1. Love to see you cutting a rug with GP and promoting the local talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, unfortunately I had no partner, so I only listened and moved my feet as I sat in my chair. Grandpère doesn't do the Cajun two-step, and I have a lot of chutzpah, but not enough to get up and do the two-step on my own. If I'd had enough nerve, I'd probably have acquired a partner pretty quickly, but - alas! - I did not.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.