Sunday, June 12, 2011

AM I LUCKY, OR WHAT?

FEDEX COURIER SERVICE,
EDO STATE,NIGERIA
WEST AFRICA.
12-06-2011

Dear Customer!
SHIPMENT CODE: CPEL/OWN/9856
PARCEL #: EG2272

You have a parcel contaning an ATM CARD worth Eight Hundred Thousand Dollars [$800,000.00USD] with us at the FedEx delivery company. Your delivery charges has been paid for. All you have to do is to re-confirm your information with the correct mailing address and make a payment of $210USD only [Two Hundred and Twenty Dollars Only] for the security keeping fee of the said parcel.

For your information, the delivery Charges, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the ATM CARD showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country have all been paid for. You have to contact the Dispatch Office now for the delivery of your Draft with this information below:

Contact Person: ----- -----
Email Address: Email: -------------@----.--
Telephone:+--- --- ---- ---

Please reconfirm your details:

FULL NAMES:
TELEPHONE:
POSTAL ADDRESS:
STATE:
COUNTRY:

Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $210US Dollars as stipulated by the company. They would have paid that but we said no because we don't know when you will contact us and in case of any demurrage.

Finally, make sure that you re-confirm your Postal address(s) and Direct telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery.

Yours Faithfully,

Ms. ---- --------,
Secretary.

What a bargain! $800,000.00 in exchange for only $210USD. Nevertheless, Grandpère said I should choose demurrage. What is he thinking?! Help! What should I do?

9 comments:

  1. I think that you should reply as the FBI asking for their details as these are needed to arrange a home visit to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say go for it, and then use the 800K for the downpayment on that lovely suspension bridge with the gothic arches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UKViewer, I expect that impersonating the FBI breaks some law or other. I think I'll choose demurrage on your suggestion, too.

    Tobias, I know the bridge, and it would be lovely to own the structure. I am tempted....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of months ago I heard a piece on This American Life (I think) about a group that scams the scammers.Just google "419" or "scam the scammers" and see the amazing stories about turning the tables.
    wv: louthalk..loose talk?
    amyj

    ReplyDelete
  5. amyj, I'll take the coward's way out and say I don't want to get involved. It's a good idea, though - scamming the scammers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know that it's nothing to do with Drug Money or Terrorism, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, you can't know what a relief THAT was to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh. I haven't gotten one of these in years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JCF, this sort of thing doesn't arrive in my mailbox nearly as often it once did.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.