Wednesday, September 14, 2011

100TH BIRTHDAY SECRET

Grandpa was celebrating his 100th birthday, and everybody complimented him on how athletic and well-preserved he appeared.

"Gentlemen, I will tell you the secret of my success," he cackled. "I have taken a long walk in the open air, every day, day after day, for some 75 years now."

The celebrants were impressed and asked how he managed to keep up his rigorous fitness regime.

"Well, you see, my wife and I were married 75 years ago. On our wedding night, we made a solemn pledge: Whenever we had a fight, the one who was proved wrong would have to go outside and take a walk."

Happy anniversary!


Cheers,
Paul (A.)
Thanks, Paul (A.), though I should have saved this one for the next big anniversary, when I'll be 102.

3 comments:

  1. "You are old, Father William...."

    Where is my Lewis Carroll? I must have left it with the dalib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You are old," said the youth, "And your jaws are too weak
    For anything tougher than suet;
    Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak—
    Pray, how did you manage to do it?"

    "In my youth," said his father, "I took to the law,
    And argued each case with my wife;
    And the muscular strength which it gave to my jaw,
    Has lasted the rest of my life."

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.