Friday, November 4, 2011

EFFICIENCY EXPERT

An efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution: "You don't want to try these techniques at home."

"Why not?" asked somebody from the audience.

"I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years," the expert explained. "She made lots of trips between the refrigerator, stove, table, and cabinets, often carrying a single item at a time. One day I told her, 'Hon, why don't you try carrying several things at once instead of just one thing?'"

"Did it save time?" the person in the audience asked.

"Actually, yes," replied the expert. "It used to take her twenty minutes to make breakfast. Now I do it in seven."


Cheers,

Paul (A.)
I'm considering turning my blog over to Paul (A.)

5 comments:

  1. And that doesn't even count the dental bill of the Efficiency Expert, after one of those "lots of trips" items was chucked at his head! >;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally suspect that the alleged "efficiency expert" is none other than a certain Paul (A.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. JCF! My you have a violent mind.

    Cathy, if you knew Paul (A.)'s lovely wife, you'd be even more suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul(A.)'s lovely wife has been completely swamped with grading papers for the last few days, so Paul (A.) has arisen from his sickbed to make me dinner Friday, breakfast Saturday, and breakfast and dinner today. I may finish the grading in time to go to school tomorrow. God Bless Paul (A.)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Catherine, what a man! Tell Paul (A.) that I will pray for him to be fit as a fiddle ASAP. I'm sure he earned a few stars in his crown for his kindness to you. I'll pray for you, too, to finish your grades in time to go to school tomorrow.

    God bless Catherine and Paul (A.)!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.