Friday, November 28, 2008

Proof That Men Have Better Friends

Friendship among Women:

A woman didn't come home one night. The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship among Men:

A man didn't come home one night. The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.


For your Black Friday morning pleasure.

UPDATE: Thanks to Doug.

7 comments:

  1. No, Göran, it was Doug. I'll add the source in an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 10 years ago, there was one of those "What Women Really Ought to Know About Men" books (a tell-all, by a couple of men).

    In it, they asserted the Eternal Truth that a man (who may have NO real male "friends" as such) will tell a lie on behalf of ANY other man, to ANY woman (Including the other man's wife. Including his OWN wife!). Something built into the Y chromosome, apparently (or at least the heterosexual version thereof).

    While I still can't predict my own gendered future exactly (such is the Mystery of Me---along w/ my lack of financial resources, including $ for any potential changes), this is one aspect of maleness I hope NEVER to possess! >:-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it, JCF. I've weaseled a few stories out of Grandpère about a couple of dumbass things our grown sons have done, that I'd never have known about if I were not a good weaseler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or was Göran inquiring if I was the guy who stayed out all night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naughty you, Lapin. We know you are to well behaved to do such things ;=)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous commenters, please sign a name, any name, to distinguish one anonymous commenter from another. Thank you.